What's new

Eliminate spaces from pages in OneNote

jott27

A page in OneNote may contain a lot of individual blocks (e.g Pictures). Deleting one such block leaves open space. A cumbersome way would be to move all the following blocks upwards to close the gap. There really should be a better way to eliminate such wasted space, but so far I have not found a way to accomplish this.
I thought placing the curser at the low line of the open space and then repeated backspace would do it; but no success.
Is there a way?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know that you are progressing rapidly in skills! You will be teaching others soon.

You can click on the border of the “box”, which is called a “container” and press Ctrl-X to remove it.

Check out this short explanation:
Work with note containers

OP
jott27

jott27

You can click on the border of the “box”, which is called a “container” and press Ctrl-X to remove it.

Check out this short explanation:
Work with note containers
This note applies to OneNote 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 but does not seem to apply to 2019.
I have Windows 10 vers 1809 which is the latest for year 2019 and OneNote 2019. In this version I have on one particular page a number of pictures (10) where each picture is in a separate container. Now I decided to delete the second pic. No problem with this, except it leaves an unused space. I can now create a new container in this space by just clicking on the space and type a single letter. Now a small container with the single letter shows. I can enlarge this container by repeated CR until the container size will fill the unwanted space. If I should use more than the required CR's, then the container size will push all the following picture containers downwards. The newly created container can be eliminated by placing the curser on the top line and pressing Ctrl-X. This gets rid of the container, but leaves the occupied space again, without moving the remaining pics upwards and in so doing would eliminate the space. I am at square 1 again.