What's new

Solved Dropbox link in mail attachment ?

stylo

Hello,

I am testing this SP3 at the moment, and find it a good alternative for both my old laptop and my ipad retina sold few month ago.

However, I'm facing a couple of issues and one especially annoys me: When i use the default mail app from W8, if i need to join a file located on my dropbox folder, i have to navigate the whole path to reach it. As i use dropbox a lot, i would like to add a shortcut to the existing ones (and useless for me).

Question: Is it possible to see dropbox along freshpaint and recorder in the attachment dialogbox ?

nipponham

I use Dropbox a lot and would like to help you out but even after re-reading your post three times, I still don't understand what you're asking. What is the "attachment dialogbox" in Freshpaint and Sound recorder? Are you trying to send files from those apps to Dropbox directly?

malberttoo

I use Dropbox a lot and would like to help you out but even after re-reading your post three times, I still don't understand what you're asking. What is the "attachment dialogbox" in Freshpaint and Sound recorder? Are you trying to send files from those apps to Dropbox directly?

I think he's saying that when he wants to attach something in his Dropbox folder, he's annoyed because he has to drill down his whole file structure to get to his Dropbox folder. I always like my Dropbox folder set up so that when a dialog box opens, the Dropbox folder is right there in the same list as Desktop, My Docs, etc. No drilling down to find it.

nipponham

Hmm, the Dropbox folder gets added to the favorites panel in Explorer by default so it's always accessible on primary view. No drilling needed, (if that indeed is the issue).

OP
S

stylo

Sorry guys for the bad explanation...
When i want to attach a document in the MUI mail app, a dialog box appears with few choices, one drive, computer, network but also included fresh pain who knows why :)))
I would like to include dropbox folder to access it directly and not to "drill down" as you say the whole path (computer, c:, windows, users,username, dropbox.

nipponham

Why didn't you say so:) What you have to do is add the Dropbox folder under PC so it shows up as primary view. You can hack the registry to do that but this utility is much easier. It's a simple no-installation utility that allows you to add any folder to your PC panel so it shows up first without having to navigate deep into the directory.

OP
S

stylo

Thanks for your help, i tried this little soft but i couldn't add dropbox to this menu:

ccapture.bmp

nipponham

When you say "this menu", are you talking about the drop down menu that shows OneDrive, Fresh Paint, etc? If so, those are for Metro apps you'll need to install the MUI version of Dropbox.

If you're talking about the desktop menus, I just created a test folder deep in C was able to get it show up in ThisPC by using the utility I linked to.

OP
S

stylo

Nice and simple, i didn't think installing Dropbox MUI app would be the solution... Thanks a lot !