What's new

Downloading YouTube videos with Surface Pro X

rcroeder

I would like to download YouTube documentaries on my Surface Pro X and then watch them offline when I take a ten-hour flight on a plane that does not have WiFi. I have looked at numerous videos that claim this is a very easy process but nothing works so far. On one of these occasions, I used VidPaw Downloader and Video Hunter and the downloading seemed to be working but then it went nowhere.

Has anyone actually done this successfully on a Surface Pro X? If so, what's the secret?

Thanks.

RayR

I would like to download YouTube documentaries on my Surface Pro X and then watch them offline when I take a ten-hour flight on a plane that does not have WiFi. I have looked at numerous videos that claim this is a very easy process but nothing works so far. On one of these occasions, I used VidPaw Downloader and Video Hunter and the downloading seemed to be working but then it went nowhere.

Has anyone actually done this successfully on a Surface Pro X? If so, what's the secret?

Thanks.
I use an app from the Windows store called MyTube. This allows viewing of YouTube videos without adds and also allows downloading of videos. I also use an extension to Microsoft Edge which allows downloading of YouTube videos. Both of these approaches work on all of my Surface devices including my Pro X.
Hope this helps..

OP
R

rcroeder

I use an app from the Windows store called MyTube. This allows viewing of YouTube videos without adds and also allows downloading of videos. I also use an extension to Microsoft Edge which allows downloading of YouTube videos. Both of these approaches work on all of my Surface devices including my Pro X.
Hope this helps..
Thanks. I appreciate the information.