What's new

Does your SP hang at a black screen when you shutdown/sleep?

bryanhayn

Recently my SP has been hanging at a black screen (the screen turns off) when I select shutdown, sleep, or when I close the cover and the fans continue to run. I'll leave it alone hoping it will shut off but it will just stay that way with the fans running. Anyone else experience this and know of a fix?

OP
B

bryanhayn

Yeah, I did. I removed the checkmark from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" a few days ago, which is when my problem started.

I just restored all power plan settings to defaults to see if that fixes my problem. If not, I'll try putting the checkmark back in the wifi box.

dlacaba

Happened to mine, I just held down the power button and it would turn off fully. This occurred when I was playing around with some of the power settings, mine are back to default now and I haven't had the problem yet.

OP
B

bryanhayn

Did you change the wifi avastar advanced settings? That happened to me when I messed with that.

That was my problem. Changing power options back to defaults didn't fix anything. Putting the check mark back in the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" wifi settings box fixed it.