What's new

Display not turn on

Shaan

Hi All

I tried to on the surface pro 3 but now display is not coming up. I tried below steps but still no luck

1. Try holding down the Power button and the Volume up button for 15 seconds. Then, wait a few seconds, and tap the Power button again. [Note: you only have to tap the power button to turn it on, don’t hold it down]
  2. Plug the Surface Pro 3 into the charger. Remove all accessories, and then try the above step again.
  3. Make sure the power socket is working, and plug a USB device into the USB port on the power supply to make sure it’s working.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Shaan

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to make sure it is completely powered off then try the above steps again....

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Do you feel the haptic feedback when you touch the Windows icon (button) on the screen? If so,

1. Disconnect mains power.
2. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then release, wait 5 seconds, then press and release again.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, your Surface may be not getting power, and battery is dead. Mains power charger is warm? Are you sure charger is okay?

OP
S

Shaan

Main body gets warm when I press the power button. I feel the the hit coming from edge. Even keyboard flashes once I press the power button

Thanks
Shaan

Grumpy2

Have you accidentally turned the brightness down? Do you have the Type Cover (Surface Pro3 Keyboard) attached? If so hit F2 to increase the brightness and see if that works. Good Luck.