What's new

Disable Trackpad When BT Arc Surface Mouse is Connected

undednubz

I have searched the web and found nothing. I was wondering if it is possible to be able to disable the trackpad on the Type Cover when I have my Bluetooth Arc Surface Mouse connected. I know it is possible on other laptops because I did it on my Asus gaming rig but I cant figure it out on my surface to save my life. Thanks for the help.

kozak79

My Lenovo has a checkbox in the Synaptics Control panel which turns off the trackpad whenever a mouse is plugged in.

OP
U

undednubz

Well seeing that this is a Microsoft Surface forum and I am using a Surface Pro 3 that doesn't help much.

I was pretty sure it wasn't possible jedge, thanks for the response. I did see that app and installed it so hopefully MS will update it soon. Other question though, are apps updated through the MS store or through the windows updater?

jedge

Well seeing that this is a Microsoft Surface forum and I am using a Surface Pro 3 that doesn't help much.

I was pretty sure it wasn't possible jedge, thanks for the response. I did see that app and installed it so hopefully MS will update it soon. Other question though, are apps updated through the MS store or through the windows updater?

One of my last laptops had a tiny secret spot in the top-left corner of the track pad. Double-tapping this spot disabled the trackpad and turned on a tiny led light in the corner. That was a nice feature. :(

I'm pretty sure Windows Update has nothing to do with any downloaded Apps. I'm honestly not sure how they update... none have needed to update yet... or i set them to auto-update and forgot.

OP
U

undednubz

It would be a great feature! Too bad it will take MS awhile to fix it. Thanks for the update comment, I figured that but thought I would ask to be sure.

Bandito

MS Store apps are updated through the store. You will occasionally see a number in the upper right corner of the store's live tile. This is the number of app updates that you have to download. You simply go into the store and click on the Install updates link, also in the upper right corner, and you can select the updates you want.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the trackpad settings app to be updated. It was basically written to add some features/settings to the original trackpad on the original surface. Those changes were incorporated into Windows 8.1, so the app is no longer needed. It would never even run on the SP2.

williemd

Settings, change PC settings, PC and devices and select mouse & touchpad. Unselected touchpad switch to off.

Mike Ghekiere

Settings, PC and Devices, Mouse and touchpad.

Under "Touchpad" on the right, locate the slider for "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected".
Move it to "Off"

This "might" be only in Windows 8.1, not sure.

Calbenzo

I was briefly looking for this function, but hadn't found it, so thanks!

On another note, for a BT mouse, anyway to prevent it from waking the computer from sleep. I used to turn it off under device manager, but my Log. MX Revolution mouse doesn't show any power management tab?