What's new

Cover magnets

Oliver Bast

Hi Folks,
I'm currently on my third Pro3, the first had the yellow line and the second had a noisy coil which made noise when the CPU reved up.
The current works ok, except a little light bleeding at the top right of the screnn.
One thing which I think to remember is that the type cover on the previous models got hold by magnets when it was completly closed.
On the new one it flips open when I hold it with the cover facing down.

How is it on your SP3? Does ist hold?
Are the magnets in the SP3 or in the type cover?

Thanks and greetings from Germany,

Oliver

mitchellvii

No magnets to hold it closed.

Feel your pain on the returns. Took me 3 SP3's as well before I finally got a really good screen without yellow or serious light bleed. All LCD screens will have some light bleed but should be minor. Really comes down to getting lucky.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As said, there are no magnets on the device or the type cover that hold the keyboard closed. Not found it to be an issue though.

malberttoo

Hi Folks,
I'm currently on my third Pro3, the first had the yellow line and the second had a noisy coil which made noise when the CPU reved up.
The current works ok, except a little light bleeding at the top right of the screnn.
One thing which I think to remember is that the type cover on the previous models got hold by magnets when it was completly closed.
On the new one it flips open when I hold it with the cover facing down.

How is it on your SP3? Does ist hold?
Are the magnets in the SP3 or in the type cover?

Thanks and greetings from Germany,

Oliver

Welcome!