What's new

Convert Blu-ray discs, DVDs and 1080p videos to WAV 4 format for Surface 2

PavtubeVideo

Description: This guide explains how you can extract audio from your existing movie collection, so that you can watch them on your Surface 2, without having to purchase them again from a digital movie store.

"Hi, I am looking for a video converter to convert my movie collection to WAV4 format and then the ouput files will be used on my new Surface 2 tablet for watching during my cross country business trips. Can you be so kind to give me some advice on which movies converter is better for Surface 2? Thanks.”

Don’t worry any more if you are frustrated by the same problem. There are pretty much good video converter online which can convert video files to Surface 2 and other devices or remove commercial Blu-ray discs and DVDs protection from film studio with with high quality.

After several trials, we recommended this Surface 2 Video Converter Ultimate which is powerful in quick decrypting the protected discs within a few clicks. It's capable of converting BD/DVD discs and various videos to 1080p/720p MP4 for Surface 2, meanwhile extract the audio files. It also work perfectly on my Blackberry, Iphone, Droid phone, I-pad, Kindle HD devices which gives me much more recration. I test ran another brand, but none is better than Pavtube.

FYI: its Mac version is renamed as iMedia Converter for Mac.

How to convert Blu-ray discs, DVDs and 1080p videos for Surface 2 Video playing?

Guide Steps:

Step 1. Load Media Files to Surface 2 Video Converter.

Install and run the Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, click the top left “Load files” to load Blu-ray/DVD from disc drive, folder or ISO/IFO; or load your video files like MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, WMV, MTS, MXF, MOV, TOD, MOD, 3GP, FLV, F4V, M4V, etc. by clicking the second icon “Add video”.

surface-video-converter.jpg

Note that your computer needs an external BD drive for loading Blu-ray/DVD movie.

Step 2. Set output format for Surface 2.

To play movies and videos on Surface 2, you need to set a compatible format for the smartphone. You can click on the pull down menu of “Format” to choose “Windows> Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)”for Surface 2 Video Playing.

surface-rt-profile.jpg

And to get WAV4 audio, you need to choose "WAV - Waveform Audio(*.wav)" from "Windows" option.

wav-audio-format.jpg

Step 3. Customize video specs. (Optional)

For people who want to further customizing output video size and quality, you can click “Settings” on the bottom to enter Profile Settings Window, and customize video size, frame rate, bitrate, codec and sample rate(Hz). In general, the higher bit rate, the bigger output file size.

According to video testing result, for watching videos on the Windwos tablet,1080p with 1500~2500kbps is just all right.

Step 4. Convert Blu-ray/DVD movies and Various Videos to Surface 2.

Now click "Convert" button to start converting or extracing audios. When the conversion task is finished, you can click “Open output folder” button to get the videos ready for playback on Surface 2.

Keep in mind that some of the settings can be tweaked to improve the video quality but it's a balance between quality and size.

Additional Tips:

If you are looking for a powerful DRM Converter tool to convert iTunes Store movies and music, Amazon videos, BD/DVD Digital Copy movies, Blockbuster, BBC iPlayer videos, etc. to Android OS, Apple iOS and Windows 8 RT/Pro tablets/phones support playback formats, Pavtube ChewTune will be a nice choice for you.

Learn more special offer:

ByteCopy($42) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ChewTune ($29) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ByteCopy($42) + ChewTune($29) = Only $54, Save $17
Blu-ray Ripper($49) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $49, Save $35

Source: Extract audio from Blu-ray/DVD and movie collections for watching on Surface 2