What's new

Construction/building app?

fearfact

Hello everyone. I have a new SP4 tp use as a work computer for a small construction company. I have been scrounging for a user friendly application to assist with a project and havent had any real luck. We are currently gutting and repurposing a farm house to become our office space. Every nonstructural wall is out and now we are in the design stage and this is where the app comes in. I am hoping for one where I can enter dimensions or scaled graphing type drawing work with (like doing it on graphpaper but mpre accurate) in order to find the proper layout for new walls, interior design etc. I am willing to pay for the applications that will suit the needs but havent had luck finding anything, I know theyre out there but I just am not looking in the right places. Thank you in advance for the help
-Matt

SEANT

With the use of a SP4, the sky's the limit (read as 'budget's the limit') regarding Computer Aided Design applications. At the upper end there's AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, etc. There are, though, more affordable options. Draftsight, I believe, is still free.

Back when I had the Surface RT I bought 'Back To The Drawing Board'. The App demonstrated a lot of promise.

I've since upgraded to the Surface 3, and can now use the more familiar choice (for me, anyway) of AutoCAD.

autocadd is a very very steep learning curve - even the LT version. In my opinion, best solution is actually Microsoft's own product - Visio. and worth getting the professional version. Its all drag and drop and extremely easy to learn. They continue to update it, but have missed the boat in expanding its capabilities to make it more competitive in the architectural profession But for your described purposes, should fit the bill perfectly. Good luck

OP
F

fearfact

Thanks guys... And I appreciate that you acknowledge my lack of experience-i mean this seriously... I have never used any such programs nor am I very techy at all, tomorrow I'll check out those ones you guys mentioned as I left the sp4 at the office tonight... Hell, I would be happy to be able to scale the lines as I basically draw it out on the screen...like this line is 26ft4in, amd to map out all the walls and lines like that and it scales it..then I have a realistic snap shot of the layout with door,windows etc so we can plan where to put bon structural walls,kitchen layout,bathrooms and then onto the office type layout.... Thanks again

chrsb

Take a look at Bluebeam Revu. It's a little pricey but they keep it updated and is an great PDF markup tool.