What's new

Considering upgrading to SP3 i3 from DV11P atom

johnj2803

I am in the state of gadgetitis (upgrade-itis) :D

I have a Dell venue 11 pro with slim keyboard and the stylus which I think works extremely well for what I do. I don't have the issues others are experiencing like stylus jumping and double taps... I guess I am an outlier. I have had the best experience so far.

I use onenote most of the time and use it 100% of the time with the dell stylus.

Now, why do I want to get the SP3 i3? bigger screen and built in kickstand. I'm assuming that the performance would be better right? The stylus and onenote experience I tried in the store is almost the same experience I have with the Dell now so that is a wash...

I have both now in my possession. I got the SP3 because I got a really good price for it. I am planning to return it if I feel that the Dell is good enough, or if I can't sell the SP3 for a profit....

any insights?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The i3 4020Y has about 40% better performance than the Z3775 Atom. That's more significant now days than it might sound. As performance moves up the scale a smaller percentage increase results in sizable jumps in performance. i.e. 40% of 1000 is a lot larger than 40% of 100, 400 vs 40.

This should be apparent to you if your have both devices. Web pages would open snappier etc. and you'll spend less time waiting for things in general. After a couple days, what seemed fine on the Atom will seem sluggish and slow. Its not that you cant use it but once you feel the speed drug you'll be addicted and the slower device just wont give you the fix you need. Compare a Surface RT with a Surface 2 same thing ... the Surface RT runs W8.1 and can do everything but it's just that much quicker on the Surface 2. The result will be you will be less tired because your more engaged and your mind isn't bored waiting as much. Similar to walking the Malls being exhausting, not because it's that strenuous but because your moving so slow.

That's my 4 cents.

OP
J

johnj2803

Just wanted to share the one note experience between the venue pro, surface pro 3 and the galaxy note 4

Attachments

• 20141031_145515_Android.jpg
    20141031_145515_Android.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 662