What's new

Considering a SP4

convergent

Part of the issue, and I've found this to be the case on trains, is that the kickstand adds a lot to the footprint if you want it at a comfortable angle (especially relevant on a plane if the person in front has reclined their seat). As you say though, when I do need to use the keyboard while on a train etc, it works just fine on the lap.
Don't get me going on the max seat recliners. I'm 6'3" and always seem to sit behind the 5' tall woman that wants to recline her seat to the max for the entire flight. I hardly ever recline my seat. I've almost had laptops get destroyed when they slam their seat back quickly without a thought. Why can't they do it slowly so you have time to clear the path.

I see what you are saying about the kickstand if the tray table is really short in depth.

OP
B

bill-e

The keyboard on the GB is 12" with the hinge at 8" That means (just like using the kickstand on a SP4, that the rear 8" must be on the tray in order to provide stagility because of the hinge. Great if you're a skinny person not so great as in not enough room between one's belly and the keyboard to assure that the hinge are and beyond is on the tray.

Using a BT keyboard that is the size of the tablet, the entire keyboard can be on a tray in coach. I traveled 40 weeks a year for 3 years with my Note Pro and never had an issue,