What's new

Connected standby huge battery drain

omarSP3

Hi,

New here and struggling with recent battery drain in sleep/connected standby on my SP3 (i5/256).

I've got into the powercfg reports including the sleep study option which is basically showing me that the source of my issue is that

"USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller (\_SB.PCI0.XHC) Fx Device" and
"CPU C0 Time Processor"

are both running 100% all the time while in sleep. :eek:.

I've done some searching but can't see how I can find out any more about what program or process is causing this. Please can someone help?? There's nothing plugged into the surface except the type cover while its in standby so particularly confused by the USD controller being on the list.

Thanks

ctitanic

Welcome aboard, It could be indexing your microSD or problems relative to microSD which is connected using a USB port.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you have installed? Anything that starts with a "G" or an "i" is bound to be bad.

What do you have installed? Anything that starts with a "G" or an "i" is bound to be bad.

I like both "G" and "i" but only if they're running on their respective ecosystems or if they are in a desktop. Connected standby just use a lot of battery since haswwll CPUs don't downclock as low as ARM chips as well as be very stable at very low voltage. I'm pretty sure Skylake will be able to come close to ARM efficiency in very low power state, making CS far more efficient.