What's new

Colour banding and other weird anomalies

Ordnas

I've noticed colour banding and crushed colours, especially when watching YouTube video's (2k and 4k). I read that Microsoft install custom graphic drivers to conserve battery, but there is a way of installing intels drivers for better performance. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I used intels update utility app but it wouldn't let me download them.

Thanks.

Update: managed to solve the problem by manually updating the drivers from Intel website. I now have a graphics control panel where I can adjust settings. No more banding/crushed colours in videos. So much better. I will most probably lose battery life, but I think the sacrifice is worth it.

Sorry if this has all been covered in previous posts.

Last edited:

ctitanic

the last time I checked, if you use Intel video drivers, they are reverted back in the next Windows Update. Is this still the case?

OP
O

Ordnas

the last time I checked, if you use Intel video drivers, they are reverted back in the next Windows Update. Is this still the case?

Just replied to your thread. Haven't had any problems with the drivers being reverted back to Microsoft. I set my windows update to notify me of updates before installing so I can keep an eye on it.