What's new

Clean Install

Nibbo

Hi All

New here...

I have a surface pro3 (not mine but the owner knows I do computer stuff) which stopped recognising the keyboard.
We tried to do a 'reset this PC' but it was unable to find the restore point; I think it must have been deleted to gain the disk space.
We tried to do a clean install of Windows 10 from an iso which sort of worked but we now have no internet access, wi-fi or LAN via dock and all drivers look to be missing.
The wifi says the driver cannot load as it is corrupt or missing (code 39) so we download the drivers to a usb but they won't install because windows thinks the latest driver is installed. Whaaa

Is there a windows 10 iso specifically for the surface Pro PC's? Or can anyone recommend a way to fix our issues?

Thanks

OP
N

Nibbo

Thanks Plantje but I have already been there but this is just the drivers packaged up.

As said the drivers will not install because windows says the latest are already installed, even though device manager says they are corrupt.
Uninstalling the drivers/devices makes no difference.

I really need a full Iso that is specifically for the Surface Pro 3.

Thanks for you time anyway.

GoMan

You'll want to download the recovery image from Microsoft, which will bring the Surface back to the factory state. Installing the image is a two-part process that involves downloading the recovery image and creating a USB recovery drive. Refer to the links below.

There is a video in the first link halfway down the page that I highly recommend watching.

USB recovery drive | Recovery image

OP
N

Nibbo

Oh dear, I managed to get the recovery image to install and applied all windows updates.

I still have no type cover keyboard and worse than that I now have no virtual keyboard either :(

Any suggestions?

GoMan

Were you able to use the Type Cover to enter configuration information as you progressed through the Windows installation?

OP
N

Nibbo

Were you able to use the Type Cover to enter configuration information as you progressed through the Windows installation?

Hi GoMan, did not need to as all of the install was done using the touch screen. Thanks

Plantje

You should get the virtual keyboard if you set the machine to tablet mode.
I would check the nearest store and ask them if you can test your SP with another type cover and the other way around, test your type cover on another SP.

OP
N

Nibbo

I would check the nearest store and ask them if you can test your SP with another type cover and the other way around, test your type cover on another SP.

That was the first thing I did. Both keyboards work on another surface, neither work on this one. Thanks