What's new

Chrome running very poorly on my Surface... who's to blame?

CrippsCorner

Hi so if I'm scrolling Chrome with touch, it hesitates and jolts constantly... horrible experience. If I use the touchpad it'll occasionally stop completely, and will not carry on scrolling until I move it via touch then resume.

When I dock the Surface, and use my mouse and external monitor, everything is perfect.

I've tried using Edge and it's okay, but I just don't really like it. I even tried Firefox and Opera - Don't mind Opera but it still hesitates ever so slightly.

Due to moving my flat around I'm going to be using my Surface more and more undocked so would really like to get this sorted! Have reached out to both Google & Microsoft but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi so if I'm scrolling Chrome with touch, it hesitates and jolts constantly... horrible experience. If I use the touchpad it'll occasionally stop completely, and will not carry on scrolling until I move it via touch then resume.

When I dock the Surface, and use my mouse and external monitor, everything is perfect.

I've tried using Edge and it's okay, but I just don't really like it. I even tried Firefox and Opera - Don't mind Opera but it still hesitates ever so slightly.

Due to moving my flat around I'm going to be using my Surface more and more undocked so would really like to get this sorted! Have reached out to both Google & Microsoft but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas?
Most people I know follow one of these...

How to enable smooth scrolling in Google Chrome for your Surface and Surface Book

I use a Chromium based browser Vivaldi as my backup for Edge...

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Thought I had tried this before, but did again... alas no change. Surface on Twitter have told me to download their diagnostics tool. Not sure it's going to help but we shall see!