What's new

Chrome and (to a lesser extent Firefox) constantly crashing

spinachpie

Anyone experiencing these random crashes on Chrome? Happens more often during YouTube use, but also happens with anything.

I uninstalled my previous version and installed the 64bit version, but no resolution.

Firefox does something similar.

This has only been since the beginning of last week. Anyone have a fix?

CrippsCorner

Haven't seen this myself, although my manager just called me over to show me a bug he found that whenever something's copied in a certain type of field... Chrome freezes and eventually crashes out.

Are you running the beta?

OP
spinachpie

spinachpie

Haven't seen this myself, although my manager just called me over to show me a bug he found that whenever something's copied in a certain type of field... Chrome freezes and eventually crashes out.

Are you running the beta?

Nope i'm running the full version. I don't remember specifically copying anything actually

OP
spinachpie

spinachpie

Has anybody got any other suggestions?

I like Edge but its functionality compared to Chrome is lacking and it's really frustrating me. I have looked online and can't find a fix

Inversion

I reported the same problem on the forum. What device are you using? I had a i5 256 and Chrome crashed all the time. I returned it for the i7 265, did all the updates and reinstalled Chrome 32 bit. 3 days and haven't had a problem.