What's new

Charging after let go dead...

PA-WOODCHUCK

surface book 2 purchased 12/2019 which I don't use that much and I let the battery go dead. It's been about 30 minutes and can't turn on. Charging light is on. I presume at some point it should turn on so my question how long should it take until battery comes back to life?

thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You may be caught in a loop of the battery-protection circuitry, which can limit charging. The trick is to get that circuitry running properly. So I suggest repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the charger, about every 10 seconds. Give that a try for a few minutes to see if something happens.

OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

After about 7hrs on charge would boot up and showed 2% charge, but would then go blank about 1 minute later and try to boot again, again, again, etc. Going to charge overnight and check in AM.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you get this to maximum charge, wherever level that turns out to be. run it and discharge it to about 15% then charge it again. rinse repeat. you should be able to improve battery life "some", after several cycles, by doing this. It's not going to be like new.