What's new

changing between apps with gesture doesn't work anymore

alforno

Hi everybody
I have the problem that changing between apps with gesture doesn't work anymore. The open Apps don't show when I make a gesture from the left border. In the browser, the previous page is shown...
This is on a surface pro 3, i5 and Windows 8.1. Thanks for help

Tosko

Did you drop the surface? If not, did you clean the screen to make sure no durt is blocking you from making that gesture?

I've seen it before on smartphones, there was a small almost invincible dirt on the side of the screen and the entire screen was just almost unresponsive to anything.

Tosko

Ok, sorry.

Well how do you get out of your apps? When you open an app and you close it by swipping from the top to the bottom, switching is not available.

Try to open an App and then try the gesture from the left border.

Second thing you can try is, go with the mouse cursor to the left top of your screen. Do you see a small preview of any app appearing? If not, there is no app left opened to swap between.

OP
A

alforno

It used to work in the beginning, but now it hasn't been working anymore for about 3 weeks. I open a few apps by pressing the windows "button" on the right frame, then I want to change between them, but it doesn't...top left corner doesn't show any preview either

Tosko

Hmm, if you use the windows button then it should be the correct way.

Sounds like a feature to save resourced and close apps when they're not used.
Try using CTRL + ALT + DEL, is the app listed there?