What's new

Solved Can't login, Project won't go away, HELP

davidlozzi

Running the latest firmware, I checked for updates yesterday. Watch this video on this tweet to see what's happening, I'll try to explain below.

On a fresh boot up, I get the pretty picture login screen, and Turning on camera.... and it never turns on. I can swipe up and log in fine. If I lock it, let it timeout and auto-lock, or press the button to turn off the tablet (press once), and then try to come back in, I get the pretty login picture, still Turning on camera..., then i swipe up and I get a blank screen and the windows Project options appear on the right. And it flickers open and closed, even if I press an option. I can't type in my password to login. I have to now hold the power button until it shuts down completely, like 15 seconds or so. Come back in and it works. Then if it locks, I go through it all over again.

This happens EVERY time I lock this sucker, which is several times a day. I've stopped using it.

It started while I was on vacation last week. I checked it out Thursday (since I'm on vaca I don't visit it frequently) and saw it started happening.

Also doesn't matter if I disconnect from base, same joy occurs.

OP
D

davidlozzi

Fixed! I had Avatron.com Air Display installed. This is not supported in Win10, though I like to push the envelope. I uninstalled it and I still had the issues. There was a display device called Air Display. I uninstalled the drivers, deleted them, and disabled the now unknown device. Reboot and things are feeling better already.

Also, my facial login is working again, just had to reconfigure it.

YAY