What's new

can't get micro sd card in

absresin

new 13 64 g can't get micro sd card in. tried two cards san disc 32 gig. looks like something blocking but hard to see. Maybe something I'm not doing right, need help as with 64G I really need to use these cards. thanks

kundas1

PERHAPS your putting it the wrong way? the number should be facing up... or there is something already inside? you should be able to see something there definitely

OP
A

absresin

PERHAPS your putting it the wrong way? the number should be facing up... or there is something already inside? you should be able to see something there definitely
simply will not go in!! hate to send this brand new sp3 back for that. could brand be wrong? I'd be willing to try a different one if necessary. Thanks

kundas1

try looking with a flashlight then, to see there is no debris other than that there is nothing you can do...

OP
A

absresin

try looking with a flashlight then, to see there is no debris other than that there is nothing you can do...
there appears to be a piece of wire kind of round in there, not gonna send it back even though brand new. lost my 17 256g when screen got cracked somehow and they wouldn't fix it. will never trust that process again! Will just live with it, use external hard drive etc. Thanks for answering

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait so you just bought a *new* i3 SP3 and it has a problem with the micro SD slot? Return it! You have 30 days to return it for a refund.

OP
A

absresin

Thanks for info. Will just keep it, afraid to send it back as they might say screen cracked and not replace it like they did with my i7 256 g. Regret the day I started all this SP3 nightmare. Will use it for e-mail and web browsing on trips so won't need micro slot was just hoping someone had a "trick" or brand to get it to work. Thanks again everyone in this forum who have tried to help and/or just listen.

ramiss

If they say they wont fix it (unlikely) then say never mind, and you are no worse off than not trying. So why not try?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to hire one of those people that gets stuff fixed for you aka *itches. :) they are available as a service.

OP
A

absresin

If they say they wont fix it (unlikely) then say never mind, and you are no worse off than not trying. So why not try?
I'm afraid my screen will get mysteriuosly cracked like someone or something did to my $1500 i7 256. Just not trusting process eve again. Thanks for info