What's new

Solved Cancel full screen

Suzanne K

I have a new surface 3. I went into full screen mode to watch a movie and haven't been able to get back to normal screen. What is the secret?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a type cover? If so use the escape key or swipe down from the top to bring up the context menu....

OP
S

Suzanne K

I do have a keyboard but the escape key doesn't do anything. Swiping down worked momentarily but full screen came back as soon as I did something to change the screen. Now swiping doesn't work anymore!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hit the Windows button, should take you to the Start Screen. Then swipe from the left to see the list of running apps, drag the app out and to the bottom to close it. When you relaunch the app it should be back to normal.

You can also swipe from top to bottom to close apps but its not always successful, the above works better from my experience. Although swiping is not an exact science... if you 'do it wrong' your results may vary :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I do have a keyboard but the escape key doesn't do anything. Swiping down worked momentarily but full screen came back as soon as I did something to change the screen. Now swiping doesn't work anymore!
Which app are you using? It sounds like it has crashed....swipe all the way down and wait for the App to "flip" and swipe it back up to re-launch

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, Suzanne. Thanks for posting a question. The solution for exiting Full Screen will help many.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a recently discovered unpublished work of Charles Dickens that has one of the main characters nicknames "The Artful Swiper" :D

related:
images.jpg