What's new

Can anyone help with these issues

CheyenneDonna

I have Adobe Pro but it won't run my multimedia PDF's - it wants the latest version of flash but there's no flash download for Windows 8
I have a pair of Bassbuds earphones but can't get sound out of them, a cheaper, generic pair works fine.
Does anyone use Artrage 3.5? If so, does it work with pressure sensitivity and what internal settings (Artrage preferences) did you use?

machistmo

Windows 8 now has Flash embedded and requires the updates to be issued via Windows Update services. No idea on the other two issues. The bassbuds work on other devices?

OP
C

CheyenneDonna

Windows 8 now has Flash embedded and requires the updates to be issued via Windows Update services. No idea on the other two issues. The bassbuds work on other devices?

I figured out Artrage, and yes the Bassbuds work on my other devices. The Pro recognizes them but no matter what settings I apply I get no sound. I read Windows 8 had embedded flash, but Adobe Pro doesn't seem to understand that. I guess I'll call their support team Monday.

OP
C

CheyenneDonna

Adobe Pro XI. I have a PDF portfolio I wanted to work on, it won't open it and I have a lot of school notes taken with a Pulse pen, it won't open the pencasts either.

OP
C

CheyenneDonna

And now I have a micro SD card the Pro keeps saying is write protected. Although, my Win 7 machine writes to it fine. I was going to use it for Portable apps. I even reformatted it with the HP USB format tool and it still believes it's write protected.

Last edited:
OP
C

CheyenneDonna

It turns out there is a version of flash for Windows 8 and Acrobat Pro needs it to open those types of PDF files. Downloaded, installed and fixed. The Bassbuds worked the next time I tried, just a Windows quirk I guess. The stupid micro sd never would work, even after formatting to NTSF so I transfered all the files from another card to it and used a different one. I don't understand why Windows 8 said it was write protected and Windows 7 didn't. The Surface Pro is pretty powerful; but, it still has all the quirks and aggravations that made me start using Chrome OS and Android as my primary devices.

demandarin

Using my surface pro made me miss the simplicity of the other OS. I've hardly needed to use a real PC in years. Only for downloading movies or rooting or jailbreaking my other devices. But I still love it though. It is a very powerful machine.

The first day I got it, Saturday night, I opened it up and started setting things up. Then went to set up my email accounts in email app. Now why did I start getting frustrated after 2hrs. Of trying to solve why it wasn't accepting my gmail account..lmfao I didn't know gmail/Google changed things around. I figured it out though or a back door way. I synced my contacts to Google account. It accepted it there. So once that was paired, the email worked when I put in gmail account t again. Then you have drivers, etc..to mess with. Then I remember, this is a fullblown computer, not my Nexus7 or galaxy Note 10.1 tab. I'm really enjoying surface pro.