What's new

Brydge 12.3

MickeyLittle

I picked up the Brydge 12.3 keyboard from Best Buy a few days ago and love it so far with my SP 6. I have owned 4 SP models in the past but never kept any of them for long due to the keyboards as I like to type in my lap or on the couch almost on a daily basis and never found a good way before now.

I also like that it is easy to slide the Surface in and lift it out and during the day just a swipe of the track pad wakes it right up. Very responsive. I have heard from some that it misses keystrokes but I'm a slow typist so I've not had that or any issue yet. So far I'm really proud of this purchase.

Is anyone else using it here? If so how do you like it?

Turbo4AWD

I picked up the Brydge 12.3 keyboard from Best Buy a few days ago and love it so far with my SP 6. I have owned 4 SP models in the past but never kept any of them for long due to the keyboards as I like to type in my lap or on the couch almost on a daily basis and never found a good way before now.

I also like that it is easy to slide the Surface in and lift it out and during the day just a swipe of the track pad wakes it right up. Very responsive. I have heard from some that it misses keystrokes but I'm a slow typist so I've not had that or any issue yet. So far I'm really proud of this purchase.

Is anyone else using it here? If so how do you like it?

Not sure I understand the point of turning the Surface Pro 6 into a clamshell and making the keyboard more difficult to detach. Personally, I use the Surface Pro 6 more WITHOUT the keyboard than with it thanks to the great on screen keyboard. I wonder if people that purchase the Surface Pro 6 should have considered the Surface Laptop or just a different laptop instead?

I have posted this before, but personally I have no issues using the Surface Pro 6 on my lap. "Lapability" is really simple and BETTER than a laptop because laptops burn your legs when they get hot. A Surface Pro 6 on you lap NEVER burns your legs. If you are wearing pants or shorts, the kickstand does not dig into your skin.

Also, if you cross your leg onto the thigh of the other leg, sideways instead of right on top, you can easily use the Surface Pro 6 with keyboard that way without worrying about "stability" at all.

mhopp001

Works well for me...I swap back and forth between the two keyboards. I have caught it missing keystrokes, but overall good for when I need that laptop feeling.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Works well for me...I swap back and forth between the two keyboards. I have caught it missing keystrokes, but overall good for when I need that laptop feeling.

I went and purchased the Microsoft keyboard and have used it for the past couple of weeks along with the Max case and it worked pretty well. I got pretty good using the touch keyboard when sitting on the couch unless I have something long to type. But last night I decided to get the Brydge back out and I had no idea how much I had missed it!

I'm just fine with my SP 6 being a converted laptop until I want a tablet and I just slide it out and tablet it is. So if you are looking for a laptop/tablet then this is the combo.