What's new

Bluetooth problem & slow restarts

Mike4611

Hi All,

I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my SP2 about 2 weeks ago, mostly all is good except the bluetooth does not always work & on a Restart it takes a long time to close & restart (compared to windows 8.1). On the rare occasion after I wake it up, the Bluetooth works as it should

On a fresh start/boot up the bluetooth always works, if it goes to sleep and I wake it up the Bluetooth icon is not present in the bottom toolbar. When I go to All Settings > Devices - the "Bluetooth" heading is not listed.

Then on a fresh boot up, everything works fine, the Bluetooth icon is present and the Bluetooth heading is listed in All settings > Devices.

The 2nd problem is that it take a long time to shut down or restart, it's as if it is updating, but I restart it several times a day so one would think that it should only update once, not every time.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks
Mike

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @Mike4611

That Bluetooth behavior is not normal, of course.

Now that you have upgraded to Windows 10, it sounds like it would be good to give your SP2 a 'Reset' from the Settings, Update & Security menu. Your data will be saved, but Windows 10 and its drivers will freshly configure up.

OP
M

Mike4611

Thanks for your suggestion, I will give it a go on the weekend.

One question though, it gives me 3 options: "keep my files", this removes apps and settings, but keeps personal files. This is the option i would use, but when they say apps, do they mean programs as well? I do not want to have to install my programs again if i can help it.

thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, your (desktop) programs would have to be re-installed.

Try this: Go to Device Manager and remove the items under Bluetooth, then reboot. Windows 10 should rebuild your device interfaces. If that does not work, then do the Reset.