What's new

Bluetooth issues

jodel

Ever since the new update that was meant to fix I can't connect to my Bluetooth speaker or headphones anymore.
I can connect to those devices from any other device including windows 10, android and iphones just not from my surface pro 6 anymore.
any one else have a solution?
I've updated my drivers reinstalled and tried a few things but nothing seems to work. Can't even find the devices when I do a search for them through Bluetooth

Turbo4AWD

The only thing I can think of is maybe you need the Marvell drivers that were part of Windows Update, but that's being sent out randomly to Surface Pro 6 devices and not at the same time. It may be a while before you get the Marvell drivers in Windows update. You can check your update history to see if they are installed already or not. Otherwise, I would say try bringing up the side bar and tapping on the "bluetooth" tile, then waiting 15 seconds and tapping on the "bluetooth" tile again in the sidebar. See if that helps with getting your Surface Pro 6 to connect to bluetooth speakers.

OP
J

jodel

thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I got the problem when I upgraded to the Marvell driver. So i am having problems since then.
I've tried many times the side bar thing and directly in the "Bluetooth" settings by trying to find the devices but they don't show up at all.

Turbo4AWD

thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I got the problem when I upgraded to the Marvell driver. So i am having problems since then.
I've tried many times the side bar thing and directly in the "Bluetooth" settings by trying to find the devices but they don't show up at all.

Unfortunately you may have to boot Win10 in recovery mode and try the system file repair option and if that does not work, then a full blown reset erasing all files and having a fresh install of windows. That may help. Also, are you on Windows 10 1903 or 1909? 1909 has been an option update so far and is not required to be installed at the moment.