What's new

Bluetooth connects extremely slowly

bPatrik

Hi,

Ive bought a Logitech MX Master 2S bluetooth mice and ive got a problem when i want to use it with my SP4.

The mice connects very slowly, from about 3 to 25 seconds, but the avg is 9 sec. This mice got a cool feature called Logitech Flow which let users use the mice with 1 to 3 computers at once. You can drag the cursor from a PC to a SP4 and back, copy here and paste there, etc. For this of course you have to install their software also. Well, this is completely unusable with my SP4 because of the bluetooth connections speed.

Ive wasted many hours trying to fix this, yet no luck. The mice and the Logi Flow works perfectly with other computers so the problem is with the SP4.

Please help,
Thanks
Patrik

Aldec

Open Action Centre bottom right on Taskbar, click on Connect, is your mouse listed?....if not you need to set it up in Devices.

OP
B

bPatrik

No its not listed there, but it says "searching for wireless display and audio devices", so i guess it should be ok?! In the action centre on the bluetooth tile i see the mice and also in "bluetooth and other devices" settings menu.

...well, actually i see on this bluetooth tile in action centre that it connects as soon as i press the switch on the mice but "not connected" flashes a few times before it stays stable (the MX Master 2S name/connected msg). And it only stars working after that.

OP
B

bPatrik

Yes, i've tried that with it in the SP4 and an other laptop on BT. It works than, but the point would be to keep the only USB port free. Thats why i sold my previous wireless mice and i'd also have to buy an other unifyer for my PC.

Aldec

For you to be able to connect to other devices wirelessly or via Bluetooth you must use the USB port for the unifying receiver on your SP4.
Other devices must have wireless connectivity, you can always purchase a wireless or Bluetooth USB to plug in other devices if needed. you also have a spare USB in the SP4 charging block.
More info can be had by opening the Logi software and clicking on Add Devices.