What's new

Best program for uninstalling programs/software?

CC268

Hey guys,

I am on Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel like the Windows program uninstaller doesn't do this (although correct me if I am wrong). I just want to keep this PC as clean as possible.

I have used IOBit Uninstaller before but it had its share of issues. I hear that Revo Uninstaller Pro is one of the best, and would be willing to pay for it if it is worth it.

What are your guys' suggestions?

leeshor

I have one customer who purchased the paid version and all it seems to have is a different interface. I see no difference in how it works.

OP
C

CC268

Interesting - it looks like there are quite a few differences from their website...including I think you need the paid version for 64bit programs...also a better algorithm for deleting files, etc

Last edited:

leeshor

Interesting - it looks like there are quite a few differences from their website...including I think you need the paid version for 64bit programs...also a better algorithm for deleting files, etc
Don't forget that they are trying to sell you something. The free version has always done great for my systems but if you feel the paid version is better, it's your money.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The BEST Program is a "program" of not installing programs willy nilly that must then be removed. :)

OP
C

CC268

Don't forget that they are trying to sell you something. The free version has always done great for my systems but if you feel the paid version is better, it's your money.

True...although if it is true that the free version can't do 64 bit then I would think I would need the Pro version - if it can then by all means I won't be paying for it.

OP
C

CC268

The BEST Program is a "program" of not installing programs willy nilly that must then be removed. :)

Very true - which I am VERY good about. The only thing I currently have installed on my computer is Quicken, Office 365, and SolidWorks, and Macrium Reflect.

Nonetheless, it is nice to have a good program that I know will truly uninstall everything if need be.

leeshor

True...although if it is true that the free version can't do 64 bit then I would think I would need the Pro version - if it can then by all means I won't be paying for it.
All I can say is that it never had an issue with any of my 64-bit software though every now and then I need to coax it to find the software. I have used the free version to uninstall 64-bit anti virus software and it has never been a problem. Anti virus software also has more registry entries then just about anything else I've seen.