What's new

Best Music Player

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am a musician, an audiophile, and have a crazy-big collection (30,000 + tracks). The music is always on in my life. I am tied in with Pandora and many streaming apps, radio, and what's new and trending, to classical.

So here's what I use: iTunes. Really.

I've been full circle on other players a few times, and return to iTunes.
I also use iTunes to encode from CDs, at no less than 192 Kbps MP3 .

Nuspieds

My iPod.

My A/V Receiver has an iPod interface, which provides Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound music playing at home.

OP
R

Rich OReilly

I'm also a musician with massive collection. For streaming I bounce back and forth with Google Listen and Spotify.
I'm still undecided as for a player for my stored tracks. I like having eq options etc...

Switch6

I've recently picked up a Google Play music subscription. Its fantastic, but the big drawback is no dedicated local app to browse and manage your library on a windows setup. I'll be looking to switch to Xbox music pass next month, which offers a similar experiences across all platforms, unlike Google Play if your looking for offline playback support that is. A dedicated app is key on windows.

razy60

Spotify for streaming, then windows media player for stored music, but most of mine at home goes through local network to my Yamaha amp so whatever that uses.