What's new

Battle of the AIs: Cortana, Google Now and Siri Match Wits on Video [Poll]

Which AI/mobile assistant wins in this video?

• Microsoft's Cortana

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Apple's Siri

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Google Now

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It's a tie!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
[video=youtube;-HJodK56EsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-HJodK56EsU[/video]​

Although Microsoft may be way behind in the mobile marketshare compared to Google and Apple, that doesn't mean their software isn't catching up fast. Here's video proof of that today. Microsoft's Cortana search-assistant AI goes head-to-head against Google Now and Apple's Siri in a battle of wits and capabilities. Cortana acquits herself well, as does each of the mobile assistants.

The tests were conducted with an Apple iPhone 5S, the Nokia Lumia Icon Windows Phone and the Motorola Moto X. A battery of real-world tests were performed from web-searches, to travel arrangements, calendars, voice-activated apps, navigating and more. Throughout the tests, Microsoft's new AI holds its own. Each of the software packages handle a few things a bit differently. After watching the video, it's hard for us to say if there was an absolute winner, but the fact that Cortana is still in beta bodes well for her future functionality improvements. She definitely didn't seem like a beta product at all.

Check out the video and let us know which AI seems to be the most capable in your estimation.

Which AI/mobile assistant wins in this video?

Microsoft's Cortana
Apple's Siri
Google Now

Source: WPCentral

benjitek

Oddly enough, with or without Siri, my iPhone is a better way to work with my Outlook (via Hosted Exchange) Task Lists than my Windows Phone, with or without Cortana. I have 6 different task lists, and I use all of them quite a bit -- Windows Phone treats 'tasks' as an afterthought -- which is surprising as they're part of Outlook and sync with Exchange.