What's new

Battery problem with my surface

joshsurface

Hey everybody,

since 2 days my surface pro 3 has the issue that it shuts down at round about 50 % of battery life. When i try to turn it on the symbol for no battery appears. It will only turn on again if i connect it again. Then it suddenly is at 0% and starts charging again. Im sure that i installed the latest updates and it is running on the latest firmware. I purchased the surface in 2014 and never had any problemes and was completely satisfied with the product. During the recent months i recognised that the battery life was not what it used to be and the battery life seemed to rapidly go down in steps when i reached the 30 % mark. But this is something else! Anybody experienced the same problem and has any solution for it?

Edit: Now it seems that it cant run out of battery (stays at 99%). I used it over the last hours and seems that it does not lose battery even though it is not connected with a charging cable.(Of course it does but its really weird!)

Battery Usage.JPG
Aasqul7l.html

Last edited:

kesgreen

Hey everybody,

since 2 days my surface pro 3 has the issue that it shuts down at round about 50 % of battery life. When i try to turn it on the symbol for no battery appears. It will only turn on again if i connect it again. Then it suddenly is at 0% and starts charging again. Im sure that i installed the latest updates and it is running on the latest firmware. I purchased the surface in 2014 and never had any problemes and was completely satisfied with the product. During the recent months i recognised that the battery life was not what it used to be and the battery life seemed to rapidly go down in steps when i reached the 30 % mark. But this is something else! Anybody experienced the same problem and has any solution for it?

Edit: Now it seems that it cant run out of battery (stays at 99%). I used it over the last hours and seems that it does not lose battery even though it is not connected with a charging cable.(Of course it does but its really weird!)

View attachment 8707
Aasqul7l.html
You could try a battery calibration. There's also a bit of software called Surface Tools (or similar) that you can download from Microsoft.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sparkleo

People, just tap the writing end of the pen on a table a few times near the sides about where you see the threads in the photo. This will jar the contact avoiding the dissasembly and making a mess out of your pen. It's a contact flaw possibly caused by the copper and aluminum metal types possibly. It don't take much to get it working and avoid striking the tip. Cheers !