What's new

Battery draining quickly

aleblois

Hi everybody,
I have a new battery drain issue on my Surface Pro3: on awake or sleep mode (or maybe connected standby, I'm not sure but I never changed those intentionally), the battery loses around 10% each our. Looking at the task manager, it seems to be due to windows explorer constantly constantly using between 2.5 and 12% of processor power... This seems crazy, and there's absolutely no reason for WE to run constantly.
It may have started with the latest updates, but I'm not 100% sure.
Anyone having similar issue or a possible solution?

Cheers,
Arthur

Last edited by a moderator:

malberttoo

Hi everybody,
I have a new battery drain issue on my Surface Pro3: on awake or sleep mode (or maybe connected standby, I'm not sure but I never changed those intentionally), the battery loses around 10% each our. Looking at the task manager, it seems to be due to windows explorer constantly constantly using between 2.5 and 12% of processor power... This seems crazy, and there's absolutely no reason for WE to run constantly.
It may have started with the latest updates, but I'm not 100% sure.
Anyone having similar issue or a possible solution?

I hope this is the right place to post this, it's the closest and newest thread I could find.
Cheers,
Arthur

Hi, welcome to the forum! I've moved your post to its own thread, so as not to possibly confuse issues with the OP of the other thread. :)