What's new

Battery Drain Tweaks, but still No Good

dja2k

I disabled the Windows Hello feature, also disabled Connected Standby, and disabled Fast Startup to see if those were causing my battery drain when completely shut off. Well I did this last night, fully charged it to 100%, then shut it off. About 20 hours later this evening, I decided to take it out and see the battery drainage and still went down to 92% when turn off not doing anything.

Does anyone know if this is related to the other battery drain problem associated with Sleep Mode, if not, something is wrong with my battery and discharging by itself. Thanks

dja2k

leeshor

It sounds like you did a shutdown rather than simply putting in sleep mode and if that's the case that drain is a little high. If you did in fact just put it into sleep mode that loss is pretty much normal. If you did put it to sleep, (actually hibernation since you disabled CS) you can adjust the time it takes to hibernate down from the default 120 minutes to 60 or less and reduce that drain even more. 1/2% per hour hibernating is about the best I've been able to manage.

OP
D

dja2k

No I actually am talking about turning it off completely and still getting a percentage of battery drain. Hibernation is disabled by the way.

leeshor

As best I can tell my SP4 has a battery drain of 1-1.5% per 24 hours totally off. If you take into account shutdown and startup I'm not sure you are that far off.

A lot of laptops do it, but that's beside the point. It must be doing something to drain 10% a day turned off.
Hmm.
Does it keep some sort of quick boot cache or something?

leeshor

Os so your saying this thing wastes battery even when off, damn Microsoft what the hell.
I have never had a battery operated device that doesn't lose battery while turned off. My Lenovo laptop, all my phones, all suffer battery loss with the power off, some more, some less.