What's new

Battery charging pausing

Votality

Hi,

I'm on my second sp4 after my first died completely (just stopped powering on). Yes I tried all the methods to reboot it. Its just died. Anyway...

Yesterday my new sp4 (which has backlight bleed in low light unlike my first) decided not to power on. No response. I plugged it into power after a little it came on..the battery was half charged.

Another thing is while charging the battery often pauses charging says not charging then after a few minutes resumes. It always does get to 100% but seems to pause quite a few times. Anyone else experience that? Is it normal?

I just installed the 17/02/16 updates so hopefully its just a software issue and not the hardware again.

Mike007

Another thing is while charging the battery often pauses charging says not charging then after a few minutes resumes. It always does get to 100% but seems to pause quite a few times. Anyone else experience that?
What version of the SP4 have you got?

On my i7 version if it is under high load the standard 36w adapter doesn't provide enough power to charge the SP at the same time. So mine would also stop charging until the the tablet was back to low load.

I bought a 65w adapter for this reason and now it is fine.

OP
V

Votality

What version of the SP4 have you got?

On my i7 version if it is under high load the standard 36w adapter doesn't provide enough power to charge the SP at the same time. So mine would also stop charging until the the tablet was back to low load.

I bought a 65w adapter for this reason and now it is fine.

Mine is the i5/8g/256 and not under any particular load when it stops.

Didn't realise there was another power adapter by the way.

I was hoping it was just a firmware issue. I just applied the most recent fw update so I hope it resolves it. But it is a bit concerning when it didn't turn on the other day. Seems fine today although.