What's new

Backlight bleeding/clouding

chankoedo

I got my i3 Version yesterday (Europa) and the first thing i noticed was this backlight bleeding. It was obvious right when starting the SP3 showing up the logo which is very common. However I can see this clouding by watching movies too as there are these black bars due to the 3:2 ratio. It is only visible at black backgrounds and it looks like this:

v7uydrchgd6u.jpg

It is hardly visible when turning down the brightness but gets worsen when using the SP3 at full brightness.
What can I do? Is this sort of bleeding beyond the majority?

SeanKDN

this problem is quite known among LCD screen devices. there is nothing you can do about yet just ignore it

OP
C

chankoedo

this problem is quite known among LCD screen devices. there is nothing you can do about yet just ignore it

I know this issue is common however it occurs with varying severity. I saw screens without inhomogenic clouding. The bleeding was there but evenly.

I wish i could ignore it, but try watching a movie. You can't unsee it, trying as hard as you can.

malberttoo

I know this issue is common however it occurs with varying severity. I saw screens without inhomogenic clouding. The bleeding was there but evenly.

I wish i could ignore it, but try watching a movie. You can't unsee it, trying as hard as you can.

Like Sean said it is a common issue with LCD's and of course I have some bleed as well, but nothing at all obnoxious or distracting no matter what I'm doing.

You may have a faulty unit and have to exchange it.