What's new

Solved Avast with pro 3 windows 10

jomac

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am new to the forum. I recently purchased pro 3 with windows 10. Everything ran fine until I installed avast upgrade which I paid for. The pro wouldn start it kept saying reset or repairing and eventually went into a loop. I went on line to get a code and it I was then able to reset. I loaded avast free and it ran perfect until an hour ago when I installed an update to 2016 Avast for free and it went back into the same probs as the paid for version, I am now at reseting it. Any suggestion on antivirus or what may be the problems or solutions. Thanks

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Yours is the first post I remember with someone using Avast, (I could be wrong). If everything worka well without it I don't know what to say.

OP
J

jomac

It has now did the same thing at start up, going into automatic repair, it cant repair then says diagnosing your pc, then suggests start up and then we go into the loop again.

leeshor

I'm going to make a suggestion that with most AV software there is a lot going on in the background after an install and maybe you are restarting so fast it can't keep up. I have tried several AV programs on my SP4 without an issue but I have a drive light indicator on my SP so I can see what's going on without bringing up task manager.

macster

Bitdefender and Kapersky Total internet security work great. With BDefender, you will need to install it before you use any sother AV/malware product, for example with Malware bytes. BD will have to go in first. Kapersky works just fine with no caveats (as far as I could see). The reason that I went with BD was that I have a two year paid subscription with them, otherwise I would probably go with Kapersky just for a change.

M~ SP3/8GB

OP
J

jomac

thanks guys, I appreciate your help. its crashing all the time now even from a fresh install on it, I will take it back to the shop as its under warranty.

seyclone

thanks guys, I appreciate your help. its crashing all the time now even from a fresh install on it, I will take it back to the shop as its under warranty.

I've been running Avast for almost a year now. Currently running ver. 10.4.2233 with no problems, ever.

OP
J

jomac

Thanks all. took it back to the shop, they gave it a look over and gave me a new one. The new pro is running a lot faster and no more probs with the start up, am also running my avast antivirus with no problems.