What's new

Solved Auto correct not working....

quadtronix

It seems that auto correct is not working on my keyboard. when I type "i" without capitolizing it doesnt automatically do it for me anymore either. and the begining of sentences are not capitolizing either. nor is it correcting my spelling... any ideas? thanks...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In settings it's possible for those features to be turned off however as above it also depends on the app. I briefly tested Firefox and the way it worked editing was quite a bit different from Edge or IE.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

In settings it's possible for those features to be turned off however as above it also depends on the app. I briefly tested Firefox and the way it worked editing was quite a bit different from Edge or IE.

Wow! You are correct. It was Firefox causing the issue. It started when I installed Firefox but I didn't think that would cause that kind of problem. Just checked, and you're right, in Edge it is not a problem. I downloaded Firefox a couple weeks ago or so, because I was having issues with pages not loading and crashing. Since Firefox, I have not had any issues. So I guess I'll just keep using Firefox and self-edit what I type. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! You are correct. It was Firefox causing the issue. It started when I installed Firefox but I didn't think that would cause that kind of problem. Just checked, and you're right, in Edge it is not a problem. I downloaded Firefox a couple weeks ago or so, because I was having issues with pages not loading and crashing. Since Firefox, I have not had any issues. So I guess I'll just keep using Firefox and self-edit what I type. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!
Use the horrendous IE for now... :) Edge doesn't have add-in support yet and you desperately need Ad Blocking and Flash disabled both of which you can do in IE.