What's new

Auto brightness disabled, yet still there. How to get rid of it?

ptrkhh

This is what the tweak tool does, if im not mistaking. Doesn't work!
The tool doesn't always talk with the driver well.
This method is definitely more fail-proof than the tool. Tbh, Ive never used the tool to do that, since I always use Intel's updated graphics driver

bluegrass

I turned auto brightness off shortly after I bought the unit and it hasn't changed brightness since I did that. I have my brightness set to a little over 50% because I don't have 20-20 vision. When auto brightness was on, I didn't like it dimming whenever I got near a lamp in the evening. Are you saying with auto brightness control turned off yours still dims when you get near a light? If it does, why don't you take it to a MS store and let a tech take a look at it.

I also have the Surface RT, Surface Pro, & the Surface Pro2. They all did the same thing so I turned auto brightness control off and they have all been fine ever since.

GoodBytes

On the Surface Pro 2 and 3, Intel dynamic contrast ratio is enabled by default on battery. Intel like to calls it "Power Saving", but using software that can tell me how much the battery is being used (discharged rate) and I have not notice any power saving from this feature, and acts exactly like dynamic contrast ratio. You can normally disable this in the Intel control panel, but Microsoft is not including it. That is why I made my software, Surface Tweak Tool, to disable that. And provide fixes and tweaks to other things.

ptrkhh

I am working on a new version of Surface Tweak Tool with support with the latest Intel drivers. Here is an early build
Thank you for sharing your work!

By the way, if you don't mind, I have some little inputs:
- The menus and texts are really small when opened for the first time. I think it would be great if it starts maximized.
- I have no idea about the I-Beam cursor, I think it would be great if there is a small image sample of that
- With the Surface Pro 3 gaining market share among general consumers, it should be marked that pen calibration is not needed for the SP3.

thank you :)

GoodBytes

Thank you for sharing your work!

By the way, if you don't mind, I have some little inputs:
- The menus and texts are really small when opened for the first time. I think it would be great if it starts maximized.
- I have no idea about the I-Beam cursor, I think it would be great if there is a small image sample of that
- With the Surface Pro 3 gaining market share among general consumers, it should be marked that pen calibration is not needed for the SP3.

thank you :)
Thank you for your feedback! :D
When I have a moment, I'll see how I can implement them.

Sadly, though, what annoys me the most, is I really want SP3 pen calibration, which I am sure the SP4 would benefit as well m(I am assuming that the SP4 will continue to use N-Trig pen).
The problem is that, I don't have a SP3.