What's new

Art programs not working corretcly (suspect driver issue)

inkdken

I was wondering if any of you fine dudes and dudettes had any expertise and could help me figure out what's been happening with my surface pro for the last two days.

I haven't been able to draw anything on my tablet in any art program (primarily photoshop and clip studio paint), but the mircrosoft package art programs.

microsoft just told me to buy the program that lets me use my surface pen to run powerpoint

now my actual problem is that in any non microsoft art program instead of actually wanting to draw my pen just moves the canvas around instead of making a line. My first instinct was to check weather my pen driver are all up to date. and that's all well and good, so then i went and backed up all my work and restored my computer thinking that a program might have been interfering with the drivers, but after a full reset i still have the same problem.

I've racked all my brain cells trying to get this to work, and i don't know where to look next.

I'm running windows 10
Version 1709 build 16299.334
if that helps
thanks for reading and hope you're having a good day.

fivetoedsloth

It looks like this is caused by a Microsoft update, and can be fixed via a registry hack: Adobe Community

in the start menu type cmd then right click the command prompt thing and run as administrator

paste

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

into the black box that opens. Restart your computer.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: