What's new

Arc touch mouse Surface edition blows

godson594

So it blows on my couch that's for sure, I have a dark brown couch that every mouse I ever owned tracks on and then I buy this mouse and it doesn't track good on here at all... Sad

It works great on a desk, but this bluetrack tech is a joke when 5 year old mice can out-perform it....

Anyways I liked the concept but warning couch surfers ;)

Krighton

So it sucks because it doesn't work where it was not intended to work? Got it. Love mine. Works as it should.

OP
G

godson594

So it sucks because it doesn't work where it was not intended to work? Got it. Love mine. Works as it should.

If you think that people don't use laptops/tablets away from desks then you are insane... I didn't see anything talking about where that mouse was intended to be used and actually before I purchased it read this "[1] BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces."

I don't hate the mouse - but warning other folks that the tracking isn't that great away from a desk...

oion

If you think that people don't use laptops/tablets away from desks then you are insane... I didn't see anything talking about where that mouse was intended to be used and actually before I purchased it read this "[1] BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces."

I don't hate the mouse - but warning other folks that the tracking isn't that great away from a desk...

The issue is that your topic implies it's a bad product completely, all stop. People do use laptops/tablets away from a table--but not usually the peripherals as well. That's why trackpads and touchscreens exist for those scenarios. Try your leg, or try a cloth napkin on the couch arm, or, better yet--return it.

Tango Mike

So it blows on my couch that's for sure, I have a dark brown couch that every mouse I ever owned tracks on and then I buy this mouse and it doesn't track good on here at all... Sad

It works great on a desk, but this bluetrack tech is a joke when 5 year old mice can out-perform it....

Think it sucks for a different reason. It doesn't stay on, at least the mouse wheel doesn't.

I say if you are considering buying it, beware. Save your money. It may work, it may not. My old trash 5$ mouse is far more reliable.

IF it works for you, you win. Yay.

eholbik

Mine was works great. I like it.

Sent from mTalk

kundas1

sorry but I have to agree with the OP... the track doesn't work great and the scroll CONSTANTLY stops working and you have to turn it off then on to get it to work several times, its very annoying.

and krighton I feel your post is not really true, every body I know uses their tablet on the couch and some (not all) use a mouse with their tablets (including myself) as that is what tablets were made for, and MS advertises that the mouse works on almost all surfaces... and before you try to correct me by saying ALMOST ALL SURFACES blah blah blah, they obviously don't mean glass and shiny surfaces so that's what they mean by almost all surfaces. the concept and looks of the mouse is very cool, but the they failed in the execution dept. LOL I keep mine in my bag and never use it because of the problems I have all the time... and as for the others saying theirs work fine, well obviously you ONLY use it on a desk and never anywhere else... some of us like to live on the wild side :p