What's new

Arc Touch mouse connect to SP3 without USB dongle

Has anyone done this? I can't seem to connect the Arc Touch mouse to my SP3 without the transceiver being plugged into the USB. I have done some research now and it seems I may have the non-surface model that may not connect without the dongle, so I am assuming I would need the surface version to save the USB port?

Thanks in advance!

benjitek

it seems I may have the non-surface model that may not connect without the dongle, so I am assuming I would need the surface version to save the USB port?
Sounds like you've answered your own question? Take a look at the product page for both editions of that product -- I think you'll find even more clarification there...?

The arc touch mouse I have is Bluetooth and comes with a transceiver that I assume gives a device Bluetooth capabilities to connect the mouse, but when I try searching for the mouse on the SP3 without the transceiver plugged in, the mouse doesn't show up as a device in the Bluetooth list on my SP3.

I was basically just hoping some one had experience connecting it without the transceiver but it seems that can't happen with this version and I will have to take it back to get the one that does. Just going to call my local store and ask what the deal is.

wertzius

The normal Arc Touch Mouse isn't using Bluetooth! It uses normal 2.4Ghz wireless transmission.

Only the Arc Tocu Mouse Surface Edition uses Bluetooth!

kundas1

dood! there's 2 version of the Arc mouse, 1 is the Surface edition that works via Bluetooth wit NO USB DONGLE, and 2) there's a pc version that works via USB 2.4ghz with a dongle... the version YOU have is the pc version... the Bluetooth SURFACE version is more expensive...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The arc touch mouse I have is Bluetooth and comes with a transceiver that I assume gives a device Bluetooth capabilities to connect the mouse, but when I try searching for the mouse on the SP3 without the transceiver plugged in, the mouse doesn't show up as a device in the Bluetooth list on my SP3.

I was basically just hoping some one had experience connecting it without the transceiver but it seems that can't happen with this version and I will have to take it back to get the one that does. Just going to call my local store and ask what the deal is.

The only Arc Touch Mouse that is Bluetooth is the Surface Edition all other versions are 2.4GHz and require a dongle, it may refer to BlueTrack which is the laser technology the Mouse uses...

pbaird

Actually there are 3 versions - The original Arc Mouse and the Arc Mouse Touch are USB only, and need the transceiver. The Arc Mouse Touch Surface Edition is Bluetooth only. To make it REALLY confusing though, the Arc Mouse Touch packaging brags about the "BlueTrack" technology, which if you look quickly can confuse people so they think "Bluetooth" instead.

bamaster

Ah. I have the Arc Surface Edition and it is Bluetooth. I hate it though. Can't grip it.

So I use Logitech Anywhere MX mouse with the USB dongle. I hate to use my USB port for it, but the mouse is that damn good. That is all. Please drive though.

This is exactly what i did, so when i bought my SP3 and the arc touch mouse at the same time (the guy at the MS store gave me student pricing even though i haven't been to school in 4 years, sweet deal!) I saw the "Bluet...." which actually reads "Bluetrack" now that i look more closely. So i just assumed it was bluetooth and the dongle was to provide bluetooth from the PC. Not sure why the guy at the MS would give me the non-bluetooth version using up my only usb port, guess i should have been more inquistive. Anyway, sorry for the boneheaded post and i appreciate the responses.