What's new

Anyway to disable the right click on the Type Cover 3?

maduhbee

I want it to be more intuitive like the apple trackpad, and I've come to the conclusion that it's because there's that "ghost" right click corner that I always accidentally click on. Is there a way to disable it? Or hack the drivers to disable the right click unless I use 2 finger press or 2 finger tap? It's really annoying when dragging things.

Bought my from Tiger direct, too bad I'm past the 14 day period of returns, other wise I'd upgrade to the i7/256.

bluegrass

I Googled for an answer and came up with a video explaining that there are trackpad apps in the store that can be downloaded and installed. The one being shown in the youtube video only had the ability to disable both left & right but you might check in the store to see what you might find.

Bill_Ohio

I want it to be more intuitive like the apple trackpad, and I've come to the conclusion that it's because there's that "ghost" right click corner that I always accidentally click on. Is there a way to disable it? Or hack the drivers to disable the right click unless I use 2 finger press or 2 finger tap? It's really annoying when dragging things.

Bought my from Tiger direct, too bad I'm past the 14 day period of returns, other wise I'd upgrade to the i7/256.

Interesting, because I am trying to figure out how to get my right click to always WORK the way it is supposed to! Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Apparently the lower right hand corner of the pad is where I am supposed to click, but it doesn't always work that way. I have been using the "double finger tap" as a right click with more success, but, alas, that doesn't always do what I want it too, either.

OP
M

maduhbee

Ah, the cunning Google! I should've Googled it. Instead, I bing'ed it and didn't find any probably answers :(

mohcho

Ironic because you'd think that Bing would provide better search results for a Microsoft product.

OP
M

maduhbee

Yes. I use 2 finger tap and press. However, I want this to be the only way I can use the right click.