What's new

Anyone still in love with their SP2?

bondr007

Little did I know that 4 years ago when I bought my SP2 that I'd still be in love with her many years later. Yes, I have since bought the new SP2017, and I'm in love with her too.....but we're still on our honeymoon.

My SP2 resides in the kitchen as the family computer where she gets plenty of love and attention. I have her hooked up to a pair of Logitech speakers so we can listen to music and watch videos. I use the Microsoft Wedge Bluetooth keyboard with her, which is a perfect fit. And, I have the Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 which is just the best little Bluetooth mouse ever.

It may seem silly that I have such feelings for a piece of hardware, but I have my reasons. She has never given me one problem in the 4 years we've been together. No, not even the slightest irritation. She runs the latest Win10 Pro and has gone through all the updates like a champ, and she performs as well today as the day I brought her home. Yes, her back shows signs of wear, but her front is just as beautiful as ever. And, she still gets about 4 to 5 hours of battery life on a charge, more if I'm just listening to music.

I hope she gives me many more years. She is my first SP and has made me a real believer in Microsoft as not only a great software company, but a great hardware company that can put out quality machines with the best of them.

Anyone else have a love for their Microsoft hardware?

1-25-2018.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8128.JPG
    IMG_8128.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 689
Last edited:
I do not have the SP2, but the Surface 2 and l use mine daily as well. I take it on business trips to get work done. I like the form factor and the fact that it is light. Many complained about RT, but it works for me. I am not one for apps.

I am not looking to upgrade right now. My Surface 2 works for me.

Thanks for starting this post.

Cheers,

Shawn

Sihaz

Yep, still using mine here. Have been tempted by the new SP6 with type cover deal for £749 her this weekend, but can't justify it. Battery life is starting to drop gradually but the rest of the machine still does what I need. Guess I'll squeeze a bit more life out of it :)

BubbaUK

Still love my SPro2, and in some circumstances (like cattle-class plane seats) it's quite a bit more practical than my SPro 3.

The power supply is also a lot more useful, being able to charge my phone and SPro2 at the same time, something my Spro3 supply can't do. Shame they changed the design for the SPro 3 onwards.

revmike

I'm a little late, but I gave my Surface Pro 2 to my wife when I upgraded at the time to the Surface 3. Which is still what I use. I like the 10.6 screen all the other Surface screens are too big for my use. My wife uses hers for learning how to play new songs on Youtube, since she is the church's pianist as well as Facebook and reading the local paper online. It still works like a champ.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@bondr007,

Congrats on your SP2, a vintage machine, and obviously a good fit for your family. I see you are using RocketDock, which is fast on any machine, and a wonderful GUI to Windows.

And to others still using their SP2: In a world of “Gotta have the latest” at never-ending costs, I say, you won the game.

Last edited:
@bondr007,

Congrats on your SP2, a vintage machine, and obviously a good fit for your family. I see you are using RocketDock, which is fast on any machine, and a wonderful GUI to Windows.

And to others still using their SP2: In a world of “Gotta have the latest” at never-ending costs, I say, you won the game.

I agree, sharpuser.

My S2 still gets mileage at work, when I have to give tutorials and show videos. The SP2 was out of my price range when it first came out.

Cheers,

Shawn