What's new

Anyone have a Surface without backlight bleed?

Elusive

I just picked up a second Surface Pro 2 (I'll return the worse of the two) to compare...I'll let you know how it goes...

Yeah, I almost can't see it at all in the day time. The only time I can see the hot spots is at night, watching Netflix, or anything with a black background. (or dark grey). I really have to be a dark environment when I run the test at 100% brightness to check. Just out of curiosity, did you run this in the dark at 100% brightness? I know it's not a common use case, but, it assists in this particular test.

Just ran it again at those specs. There might be a tiny spot on the bottom right hand size, but it's hardly noticeable.

Elusive

Just checked out the new Surface Pro 2 (in addition to the other one I already have), has far worse bleed all across the bottom of the screen...definitely going back.

deldalton

I do have minor bleeding on my SP2. However, it's only noticeable on the black "Surface" branded start-up screen.

Admittedly, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it was for this thread. So, thanks ... ;)

Arizona Willie

I haven't noticed any problem with my Surface Pro ... but I see people referencing a test --- what test and where do I get it?

polbit

I haven't noticed any problem with my Surface Pro ... but I see people referencing a test --- what test and where do I get it?

If you haven't noticed a problem, why in the world do you want to look for one :) Seriously, just hide this thread and be happy.

macmee

I have a bleed at the bottom that is noticeable on the black surface loading screen.

Why does it matter? You don't notice it when you're using it.

OP
M

Megalith

I brought home three and all had problems. The ones that didn't have minor bleeding had dust trapped under the screen. Also, I'm kind of scared to really confirm it, but I think connecting it to the dock actually creates/increases backlight bleeding by the ports.