What's new

Any good screen saver/slide show type apps?

Ruffles

I take my Surface Pro with me to work each day. Generally, it sits on my desk not doing very much. I'm looking for fun programs to run while it's sitting there. Sometimes, I run MetroTwit to stream my twitter feed but I'd like some more ideas.

On my iPad, I used to run FlickStackr which connected to Flickr and ran a photo slide show. I also had some cool weather/clock apps. Do you all have any fun favorites?

ArnoldC

Well, go to the Photo app and put it in playback mode.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

The reason for not simply using the photo app is because it only shows my photos. It doesn't display the Flickr explore or my Flickr favorite images.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

I could but it's a little clumsy. The reason for the post was I was just wondering if anyone had any cool apps they'd like to share for this kind of thing. My favorite iOS app was FlickStackr. I've contacted them and they say they are working on Win8 apps but don't have an ETA.

ArnoldC

The reason for not simply using the photo app is because it only shows my photos.<snip>

No. It can display a slideshow of photos from SkyDrive, Facebook, and Flickr in addition to the local photos since day 1. If I set it to show only Flickr photos, then the slideshow only plays Flickr photos.

ps.

But then, you said it's not what you're looking for. :)

Last edited:
OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

I should have been more specific. It shows pictures from flickr but only my sets and my photostream. It doesn't allow me to select my flickr favorites or the flickr most interesting feed.

ArnoldC

I should have been more specific. It shows pictures from flickr but only my sets and my photostream. It doesn't allow me to select my flickr favorites or the flickr most interesting feed.

Like what Photobucket app does then...