What's new

Any good art software for the SP X?

Markc79

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had found any decent drawing apps for the SP x yet? I was using 32bit Sketchbook, but it appears that autodesk have discontinued support for it (so you can't log in to your sketchbook pro account). Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: I have posted a short update below on some of the titles that have been suggested. If anyone has any other suggestions, please add them; I am willing to give anything a try! Thanks

Last edited:
OP
Markc79

Markc79

Unfortunately, not seeing any luck with Corel Painter - I couldn't even install the trial (as usual, it gets a few percent into the installation, and then just quits out of the whole process). So frustrating. I know ARM is the future (apparently), but I wish devs would catch up!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Photoshop is ARM64 native now, others I've used:
Concepts (ARM64 native)
Penbook (ARM - i.e. 32-bit ARM)
Sketchpal (ARM - i.e. 32-bit ARM)

OP
Markc79

Markc79

A short update for anyone who is interested:

Thanks for the suggestions. They have been much appreciated.

Photoshop would ideally be a good choice, but for someone who uses digital art and content creation as a hobby, the money required for Adobe's offering is just a little on the high side for me.

Concepts has the potential to be really good, when it brings its windows software in line with its iOS version. As of now, it's a vector based drawing program without even the ability to draw circles and basic shapes!

Penbook is great as a notebook app, but no better than OneNote, from what I could see.

Sketchpal is great as a beginner's or kid's drawing app, but again, not really where I was looking....

I'm a hobbyist, so would like to have access to some cool features, but without the Corel / Adobe hefty price tag! Sketchbook Pro has all this, as does Krita, but, again, no-one wanting to support the ARM platform.

I feel like I did when I bought a Windows Phone... Deflated. :(