What's new

Alternative to Type Cover 2

hazymat

My experience with the Type Cover 2 has been "less than positive", shall we say. I won't bore you with a full review here, but put it this way. It makes me want to throw my Surface Pro 2 at the wall whenever I try to click-drag, right-click, or do other basic things using the trackpad.

So I'm looking for a bluetooth replacement with built-in multitouch trackpad.

I have the Apple wireless keyboard and love it, and I suspect the Apple multitouch trackpad is pretty awesome too.

But does anyone know of a device that combines trackpad and keyboard into a handy bluetooth peripheral?

It galls me to pay another 100 quid for something when I already spent 109 on the Type Cover 2, but hey there we go...

tinycg

There used to be somebody that sold a plastic or metal piece that would connect the two apple devices into "1" device.. they still had to be paired separately and turned on etc (not sure how they did that) I don't remember what it was called or who made it. I do remember looking into it thinking it was aluminum and finding out it was some sort of plastic so I worried how it would hold up.

OP
H

hazymat

There used to be somebody that sold a plastic or metal piece that would connect the two apple devices into "1" device.. they still had to be paired separately and turned on etc (not sure how they did that) I don't remember what it was called or who made it. I do remember looking into it thinking it was aluminum and finding out it was some sort of plastic so I worried how it would hold up.

Sounds like the magic wand by Twelve South. I have literally just been looking at that. Sadly the drivers you get for windows don't support the full range of gestures though, as it's Apple native...

daniielrp

Just so you know, gestures are very limited with the Apple Magic Trackpad on Windows. Scrolling and movement is about all you get.

However, I'd agree even that is much better than the touchpad on the covers...