What's new

Adobe Premiere Pro and Nvidia GTX 1060 Drivers

Nozmo

There is an error message in the 2020 version PP that states the GTX 1060 is unsupported. I have a SB 2, with the latest driver listed as 27.21.14.5167 via a July 2020 MS update. I have read on an Adobe forum that the latest Nvidia driver should be updated, and it should be the Studio Version (not the game version). Is this correct? Will it install over the existing driver without any problem?

OP
N

Nozmo

No one knows anything about this? Is it possible to download the Nvidia Control Panel. I get a message that it is not compatible, and will not open.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @Nozmo.

That is precisely the driver I have on both my Surface Book 2 devices. I am running Windows 10 Pro 21292 (Insider Update). I do believe this is the latest.

I use Adobe Creative Cloud, and do not believe the driver needs (or has available) an update at this time.

I hope this helps.

1610989290793.png

OP
N

Nozmo

Hello, @Nozmo.

That is precisely the driver I have on both my Surface Book 2 devices. I am running Windows 10 Pro 21292 (Insider Update). I do believe this is the latest.

I use Adobe Creative Cloud, and do not believe the driver needs (or has available) an update at this time.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 9468
Yes, this is the same driver. But if you use the latest version of Adobe Premier Pro, on the creative cloud. you get a message that the driver is incompatible. The software works, but the message is there.

1611067954148.png

OP
N

Nozmo

Also, is there any reason that you cannot dowload the Nvidia control panel? It appears that Microsoft prevents this.