What's new

Access to your IP adress has been banned.

Sanjay

I am using a proxy service to be able to login here and post this. For whatever reason I have been unable to access surfaceforums.net for a while now. Every time I try to access the site, I get the following message:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Surface Forums - Error
Your IP address has been banned.

Can someone help fix this issue so that I don't have to use a proxy each time I want to access this site. By the way, I don't have a static IP and it is dynamically assigned.

PS: What's the point of blocking/banning an IP address if the block can be so easily bypassed anyhow?

Last edited:

leeshor

The forum may not have any control over that blocked IP, especially if it's dynamic. By default the site doesn't block any IP addresses that I'm aware of. Can you list one of the IP address that says it's blocked?

OP
S

Sanjay

The forum may not have any control over that blocked IP, especially if it's dynamic. By default the site doesn't block any IP addresses that I'm aware of. Can you list one of the IP address that says it's blocked?
The message does not show any IP address. All it says, is:
Microsoft Surface Forums - Error
Your IP address has been banned.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Your IP Address Is: 122.162.72.65
But strangely enough, I can now access the website without a proxy. I am no longer getting the "Your IP address has been banned." message.
Your IP address has been blacklisted by about a dozen Anti-SPAM DNS lists including Barracuda, McAfee, MailSpike, SPAMHause, SORBS, SPAMRats and StopSPAM.org....

OP
S

Sanjay

Your IP address has been blacklisted by about a dozen Anti-SPAM DNS lists including Barracuda, McAfee, MailSpike, SPAMHause, SORBS, SPAMRats and StopSPAM.org....
That sucks. Considering that this a dynamically assigned IP, is there anything I could do to resolve this issue?

PS: Strangely enough, I no longer have a problem accessing surfaceforums.net. At least for now, that is.

leeshor

That IP range appears in so many DNS/IP block sites there isn't anything you can do. It appears it's the entire range 122.162.*.*. The only solution might be to either get a different provider, a different service or move.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You also may be able to switch to a static IP address with your current provider, or switch protocol (DSL vs. cable vs. satellite).