What's new

Solved accelerometer sensor not working

OP
T

tjdream

no help came back on with screen in landscape (Flipped ) mode and will not rotate unless I un check the auto rotate box and change it to Landscape mode in resolution settings myself

OP
T

tjdream

Yes I tried a refresh and a restart (remove everything and reinstall windows( back to factory settings twice now

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like the Firmware update hung. You can contact MS Support and see what options are available.

OP
T

tjdream

Fixed Held down volume up and power for 30 seconds wait 30 seconds and push both again for 10 seconds next power off like normal then restart and all is working as it should.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent....that is the old key combo from the SP2....cool to see it still works on the SP3 :)

CCB2014

I just repaved my SP3, and still have the same issues as OP -- screen is flipped, keyboard is not recognized.
I thought it was somehow due to having attached an SP4 dock, but may that wasn't the issue.
Right now, my expensive tablet/laptop is a brick...

Update:
After shutting down and restarting, the screen is right-side up, but the keyboard still doesn't work.

Last edited:

Rob Ruston

Look in Device Manager and look to see if I2C or Accelerometer is showing an exclamation mark, if so uninstall the device and then scan for Hardware changes and allow the Surface to reinstall the device.

Old thread now I know but I've just been having accelerometer issues on an SP3 (i5 / 256gb model) after updating to version 1909 (Nov 19) and this process fixed it for me so thanks!!!