What's new

8.1RT update brings me back to using my surface

Dutchpiet

Hi just started to use my surface RT again after putting away in a drawer, as the Wi-Fi problems continued plus keyboard bugs tempted me to bin it,
decided to give it one more try, an update appeared for 8.1RT, now it is a different tablet, all of the problems gone and many new features,
Going to keep it now and app store is improving, well done Microsoft.

SEANT

"Patience Required" should be the motto of all early adopters of Microsoft products. Fortunately, the patience usually pays off.

OP
D

Dutchpiet

"Patience Required" should be the motto of all early adopters of Microsoft products. Fortunately, the patience usually pays off.

yes, bought mine December 2012, only the update 8.1 finally makes it worth the wait, same with windows phone 8 nearly there.

kristalsoldier

I felt the same way too! The only difference is that I took the opportunity to buy a Surface 2 also! I cleaned out the Surface RT, updated it, and handed it over to a close family member who is ecstatic over it!

richardb20

Agreed - WinRT 8.1 is huge leap forward...

Like the others here, my Surface RT has been injected with a new lease of WinRT 8.1 life. IE is faster, XBOX Music is still missing tons of features, but at least it's faster; Bluetooth is more reliable, etc.

Well worth the upgrade, and IMHO, still worth buying one if you have the chance.

R.